Discover beauty through professional reviews
Please select another 3 samples to complete your order.
We would love for you to try products before buying! The sample program is an easy way to try 3 products of your choice for only $5 flat.
ooo, good to know because I just ordered the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. I bet my dry lips can out-dry your dry lips. Seriously, mine start molting (not flaking — MOLTING) like every couple of days. Lip oils are HUGE in my arsenal. Pick any from Etude House, Nature Republic, Missha, they’re all good. Don’t cover with a chapstick. Treat with a lip oil.
Ooh, I haven’t tried any lip oils in the past! They weren’t even on my radar. Thanks for the rec!
My hyperpigmentation is the deep, persistent kind that mostly Asians get (thanks Dad). So for me, it’s a constant, never-ending battle. I always have these serums in my arsenal: niacinamide, vitamin C (stabilized, in a dark bottle, and well-formulated), arbutin or licorice, and retinoids. Galactomyces is a good one, too. SanDaWha (do they do anything wrong?!?) Vitamin C Whitening Essence is a soothing version of vitamin C (and it’s in a dark bottle, unlike Klairs), Graymelin Galactomyces is good, and I’m about to start the Eclado Professional Formula Ampoule Vitamin.
Ooh I’m so curious about the Graymelin! That brand’s packaging just really speaks to me.
If you’re talking about that apothecary style packaging (which I like too), they just changed it so it’s more minimal (think bright blue band). At least the Galactomyces one I got.
I just ordered the COSRX Galactomyces essence, so I’m hopeful! And I’ve got a tiny sample of SanDaWha’s Vitamin C essence, so I’m definitely gonna incorporate that into my routine.
My skin type: Normal with dry spells, especially during dry weather periods in SoCal. Funnily enough, I tend to get dry on my forehead while my cheeks typically stay normal. Not sensitive or reactive to most things.
My skin concerns:
1. Aging. I’m 37 and not getting any younger! Hahahaaa. To deal with this, I prefer vitamin C, retinoids during the colder months when there’s less change of excessive sun exposure, and supplementary help from products that contain ginseng or galactomyces. I love extracts!
2. Sunspots/hyperpigmentation: I freckle super easily and had really terrible melasma when I was pregnant some years ago. To deal with this, vitamin C and retinoids (again only during colder months), as well as an AHA or PHA exfoliant and supplementary brightening ingredients like niacinamide. I always look for niacinamide in products, since my skin responds very well to it.
For lips, I have found that it’s really critical to put lip balm or oil on when your lips are still a little damp, to seal in more moisture. I always put my lip balm on right after washing my face or getting out of the shower. It helps a little!
Thanks for sharing, Jude! Wow, I never thought of applying lip balms/oils when your lips are still damp. It seems like it wouldn’t absorb as well, for some reason! I’m gonna try this tomorrow.
I apply my body oils and lotions when my skin is a little damp, so it makes sense that it would help with lip balms or oils. Argh, now when I get out of the shower or finish washing my face, it’ll be a race to slather on product everywhere when my skin is still damp, hahaha.
First off, hi I am Sage & I am new around here 🙂
My skin type is Oily, I am 20 (turning 21 Sept.15) living in Houston, Texas
I can get very oily around my nose area, no matter how many times I blot, I still come out oily.
1. Dark spots- They have lighten up, but I still have to use a orange concealer to cover those up.
2.Dry lips as well: I use Carmex mixed with my favorite clear lip gloss. Lasts all day & night too!
3. Pop-up Breakouts: It is very hard to gauge when there is a breakout coming, but I’ve tried, still have some issues with keeping that away.
I really like the post btw 🙂
It’s nice to meet you Sage! Thanks for sharing your routine. 🙂 For pop-up breakouts, have you tried the COSRX Master Pimple Patches? They’re really great for when a breakout occurs suddenly; it’s really good out sucking out the gross stuff overnight while you sleep! Here’s the link if you want to check it out: https://w2beauty.com/product/cosrx-acne-pimple-master-patch/
oh my thanks ! I will check it out
I love Carmex, especially when I feel a cold sore coming on. My nose gets super oily, too (and my chin). I stash blotting papers everywhere, haha. I got the Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder and that stuff really does absorb excess oil, even throughout the day!
i have combination skin type my skin problem is hyperpigmentation and acne scar right now im using the fifty shades of snail for 3 days but i think is doing good on my skin…my lips tend to dry i always have my lip balm from tonymoly…
Ooh, how do you like the Light & Bright box? And which Tonymoly lip balm do you use?
i love it so much im using it for 3 days i can see the difference my skin brighten than before and it feels hydrated..😀😀i use the lip balm in apple case🍏🍏
Skin type: Dry/sensitive, late twenties, lives in the Pacific Northwest. My skin tends to freakout due to excessive stress and I frequently get pimples on my cheeks and jawline when this occurs.
My skin concerns:
1) Redness in my cheek area and below my nose! I don’t have rosacea but the redness around my cheeks seems to be more pronounced when I am stressed out.
2) Being incredibly sensitive to new products. This is a pretty vague concern however I feel like when I was younger my skin was more on the normal type side and I could try products without any issue. Now however any introduction of a new product sends my skin kind of wonky. I’m trying to look at the positive however and recognize that my skin likes quality over quantity when it comes to products!
For your lip concerns @Ruth Kim and @annapark, I’ve used Bite Beauty’s Agave lip mask. It’s not K-beauty however I find that the consistency is not as intense as a lip sleeping mask but not super thin like other balms. I also use Aritaum’s ginger scrub every week, more if needed, and this sloughs off all the dead skin while leaving my lips feeling soft and moisturized!
Hiii Jerrica! Re: #2, I totally feel you! When I was in my teens, I could put whatever on my face and it didn’t matter. My skin got more sensitive over a short period of time. Maybe it’s the environment, pollution, etc….sighhh.
I’ve always wanted to try the Agave lip mask, now I might have to try it! Thanks for the recommendations!
Hmm, I’m gonna have to think about that Bite lip mask. I just ordered the Laneige lip sleeping mask so I’ll see how that goes. My poor lips — they get last priority when it comes to my skin!
I have a Combination skin type and I’m dry on my cheeks , and I’m also normal/oily on my T-zone and i have a dry lips ..
My skin type: Combination / normal, mid 30s, live in the Netherlands.
1. Acne scars: I have a lot of small holes on my cheek, due to picking bad acne in my teens.
2. Aging: time to think about those future wrinkles.
3. Lack of glow: I have a bit of a dull complexion.
Any tips? 🙂
Have you ever tried ginseng @sophiebxl? @judechao swears by it to give her complexion a glow.
Not yet! But I will put it on my list, thank you! 😁
Hi, my skin type is normal/combination, mid 20s and I live in Italy.
My skin concern:
1. hormonal acne
2. acne scars and hyperpigmentation
4. dry lips
I loooove Italy! What do you use for hormonal acne @silvia?
Up to now I used a cream that my dermatologist recommended to me, but I would like to try the COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch and the COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner.