Celebrate Spring Break With This Sour Candy Flamingo Makeup Look (+ Cocktail)
With a new season just around the corner, spring breakers on high gear, and festival season officially about to kick off, there’s no better way to throw off the winter blues and get your spring fling on than with this hot Sour Candy Flamingo makeup look.
Are you doing OK? How are you holding up? Here, sit down and relax. I’m going to serve you a look and a drink.
I was inspired to create this look when I got obsessed with the color pairing of CELLNCO ChuChu Lipstick in Sour Candy and The Saem’s Eyeshadow Palette 03 Flamingo Mood. There’s just something so fun about the bright, bold acid orange-red and the soft wash of pinks. “Mmmm sour candy flamingo,” I thought. “That sounds like a cocktail you might have at a bachelorette party.” So I went about creating both a look and a cocktail to bring Sour Candy Flamingo to life, because I think we could all use some fun and a drink right now, given the state of the world.
I really love the color mood for this particular Saem palette. Millennial Pink is so huge right now, both in design and fashion, and I personally love it. This palette is a great mix of really pretty neutrals and fun pinks, both the millennial and more coral versions. I also think the shade selections are very flattering and would work for both warm and cool color tones. It also plays so well with the adventurous, attention-grabbing Sour Candy lipstick. The lipstick is a hot day and the palette is a cool breeze.
You can do so many looks with this palette, but today I’m focusing on the pinks.
1. Start off by applying your favorite lid primer, like Etude House Proof 10, for example. We want to get these colors as vivid as possible.
2. Cover the entire lid with shade MCR01; this is the coral-y pink that really looks like a flamingo. Pack the color on the lid with a flat lid brush that’s on the stiff side. Packing instead of brushing makes for a more intense color.
3. Once it’s packed onto your lid, get your blender brush and work some up into the crease and all the way around to the tops of your inner corner. Work it out into a V shape on your outer corners. Bringing it all the way up and over like that is going to make for an exaggerated look.
4. Once that’s done, go on with the same blending brush and pick up some MPK01 (the millennial pink color) and soften out that coral in your crease and inner corners. Think dusky sunset. This is going to make a really pretty intense coral to light pink transition.
5. To soften the look up some and give it some serious cheer, we’re going to take the sparkly pink shade SCR02 and apply it all along the bottom lashline.
6. Next take It’s Skin It’s Top Professional Vivid Gel Eyeliner in shade 05 Cindy Pink (or similar product; any baby pink highlighter pencil you might have) and apply to the inner corners and halfway under your eye, stopping at your iris. Really go in with this highlighter liner as it really adds a pop to the look.
7. You can either leave the look this way if you like it, or do a dramatic top wing in black. Leaving it sans top liner really gives it a very “now” modern look and the top wing will make it more of a glamour look.
8. The pièce de résistance is, of course, the Sour Candy. I’ve reviewed the CELLNCO ChuChu Lipstick line, and it’s really something special — I love all the colors and I love the formula. Line the outside of your lips with a reverse lipliner, which is just any skin toned liner. For me, that perfect skin tone liner is Etude House Play 101 pencil in shade #8. After you’ve done that, swipe on Sour Candy and bam, you’re ready to sip this cocktail I’ve made for you.
Sour Candy Flamingo
45 ml (1 1/2 oz.) Almond liqueur (Amaretto)
15 ml (1/2 oz.) fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
15 ml (1/2 oz.) maraschino cherry juice from jar
Sugar for glass
Rim a champagne coupe glass with granulated sugar. Combine the amaretto liqueur, lemon juice, and granulated sugar in a shaker filled with ice cubes. Shake vigorously 8 to 10 seconds. Pour in maraschino cherry juice. Strain into the coupe glass containing a few ice cubes using an ice strainer. Garnish with cherry and a sour peach slice.
Are you excited about spring? Would you try this Sour Candy Flamingo look? How do you plan on updating your makeup look for spring?