Last Updated: May 25, 2017
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account; participate in any interactive features of the Services; participate in a survey, contest or promotion; subscribe to a newsletter; apply for a job; communicate with us via third-party social media sites; request customer support; or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, username, password, email address, phone number, gender, date of birth, photos, videos and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, web requests, access times, pages viewed, web browser, links clicked and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access or use the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information. In addition, the Services may access your device’s native camera, photo storage and address book applications to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services. For more information about how you can control our access to these applications, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Location Information: We collect information about the location of your device periodically, including when you access or use the Services. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Services. For example, if you log into your account using your credentials from a third-party social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends list, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party social media site.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the services and products you request, and send you related information;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Provide customer service, and respond to your comments, questions, and requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Beautytap and others, and provide you with information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services, and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest and promotion entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Beautytap is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With other users in connection with your use of the Services;
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Beautytap or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We also may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on the Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
Beautytap takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your account and clicking on “My Profile” in the navigation menu. Please note that, if you log into the Services using your credentials from a third-party social media site, you may be required to update, correct or delete your account information through such third-party social media site. If you wish to delete your account, please contact us at [email protected], but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We also may retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Certain features of the Services may require access to your device’s native camera, photo storage (e.g., to upload a photo in connection with your use of the Services) or address book applications. If you decide to use these features, we will ask for your consent. Please note that you can revoke your consent at any time and can prevent Beautytap from continuing to access your camera, photo storage or address book application by changing your preferences on your device.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. We currently require this location information for your use of the Services, and you will not be able to use the Services if you decline to allow our collection of location information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing your preferences on your device. You also may stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies, please visit https://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Beautytap by following the instructions in those communications or by contacting us at [email protected]. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at:
227 Bellevue Way NE #226, Bellevue, WA 98004
Email: [email protected]