These Are the 10 Signs That Show You're a K-Beauty Convert
Aug 02, 2017
You drool over Instagram posts featuring nightly routines. You can go on and on about the importance of pH. Are you a K-beauty convert? Read on to see if you show the symptoms.
As I’ve said before, K-beauty is a lifestyle. And like with any other lifestyle, you find yourself gravitating toward others also all about that life.
The best part about being in the K-beauty world is its community. You will never find better informed, educated, and just all-around awesome people than you do in the K-beauty community.
People have used the term “addict” when it comes to K-beauty, but I prefer the more positive “convert” label. Ever since I’ve become a K-beauty convert and gotten involved in the community, I’ve met new best friends and discovered things I never would have on my own.
So with that, I bring you 10 signs that indicate that you’ve also become a K-beauty convert.
You know you’re a K-beauty convert when …
1. You’ve met half of your friends in various K-beauty communities, like the Asian Beauty subreddit, Asian Beauty Facebook groups, the Instagram feeds of K-beauty influencers, and the comment section of popular K-beauty blogs and YouTube channels.
2. You don’t view any product that didn’t work for you as a waste, because you know four or five other people in your circle it would be perfect for.
3. You’re ready to hold an actual intervention if you hear a non-K-beauty friend mention their love of St. Ives Apricot Scrub, and you’ve got receipts and a dozen other converts ready to fight the good fight with you.
4. A good haul leaves you feeling accomplished, but it’s the comments on your haul posts that leave your soul feeling as nourished as your skin.
5. Your Instagram feed has gone from pictures of your significant other and fancy lattes to pictures of your significant daily routine and fancy sheet masks.
6. You’ve found yourself becoming a K-beauty missionary preaching to the masses about your lord and saviors, the holy trinity of snails, ferments, and ginseng.
7. A new product discovery post gives you the same thrill that meeting a good-looking stranger used to.
8. You’ve either planned, participated in, or prayed for local K-beauty meet-ups so that you could be around your people and rave about low pH cleansers without others slowly backing away, nodding.
9. When your K-pop friends are raving about how sexy their bias is, you’re just wondering what their skin regimen is.
10. The Bahamas? Nope. You’re already planning your next vacation, and it’s going to be Korea so you can go skincare shopping at those sweet, sweet duty free shops. Not to mention the empty carry-on luggage you’ve convinced your partner to carry for all the cosmetics you plan on hauling.
So do you have the symptoms? What was it that first made you realize that you’re a K-beauty convert? Let us know in the comments below!
Coco Park is an author, beauty journalist, blogger, podcast host, and all around oddball living in Montreal Quebec with her family. Originally from the southern USA, she worked for several years in the makeup industry as a professional makeup artist and holds a certificate in esthetics. She is a proud member of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma. Want to know more? Check her out on the Beauty Beyond Basics podcast, on her blog TheBeautyWolf.com, on Instagram @thebeautywolf, and in her book "Korean Beauty Secrets: A Practical Guide to Cutting-Edge Skincare & Makeup."